Great Scripts, Less Filling
American Splendor – 2004
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – 2005
Sideways – 2005
1.Identify the 8 Points of the story: Stasis, Trigger, The Quest, Surprise, Critical Choice, Climax, Reversal, Resolution
2. What is the pacing of the script?
3. Identify the Main Character’s arch(s)
4. Who is this script written for?
5. Does the action and description line writing seem unique?
6. Are there interesting writing elements? (flashbacks, conversations, intricate cuts)
7. How does the location/design/exterior elements play into the screenplay or story?
Posted on June 27, 2011, in Analysis of Scripts of the Last Decade, Quarter 3: Summer 2011 and tagged film, movies, oscars, screenwriting, scripts, wga, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.